Thursday, May 19, 2011


Oil on linen canvas, 61 x 46 cm

Today I just had to paint something, anything, on any surface.

So I demolished the painting I started earlier by just painting on top of that.
Usually I dont re-use canvases, but the paint was still wet and it worked out allright tehnically.

I am also looking foward of tomorrow´s painting trip with Mauri and Arto.


Jesus Estevez said...

Beautiful painting, the yellows and greens are great, the composition is also very good. Enjoy your painting trip.

Antti Rautiola said...

Thanks Jesus

I tried to balance the composition with that big white mass on the left (actually its a blank canvas).
If you look at the angles, its designed so that it should draw the eye to the girls pigtail. :)
So its a tool of leverage also.
I also wanted some of the shirts colors somewhere else.

Marilyn said...

A curious composition and it works beautifully. Delicate, yet very confident, brushwork.

Antti Rautiola said...

Thank you very much Marilyn.
To be honest, I do scrape away a lot of stuff in the effort of keeping the strokes quite loose. :)

Anonymous said...

I like this painting. There's a mystery about it, like the first verse of a compelling story...