Friday, December 09, 2011

Sunny day & sketch of my younger son

"Sunny day"
46 x 72 cm
Oil on linen canvas, 2011

Its a snow blizzard outside so I escaped the reality by browsing thru some reference photos from the summer.
I took a bit looser style with this one and used a lot of paint!
Super fun!


I got this 100 years old frame from my mother in law. The frame needed a lot of restoring and I also painted it totally black. It also needed a custom sized canvas that I streched in it.
It was fun experiment to paint directly to already framed canvas.


William R. Moore said...

Both of these are really wonderful paintings.The first reminds me of Sorolla.

Jesus Estevez said...

both paintings are beautiful, I love the brush work.Cheers.

Antti Rautiola said...

Thank you very much William and Jesus!
I am a huge fan of Sorolla´s work and I think he had a remarkable skill (along with Zorn) to succesfully capture the essence of moving water.